[asterisk-users] MoH from Sound Card: Does it actually work?

Christopher Snell chris.snell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:17:45 MST 2006

Hi,

I've followed the instructions on the Wiki for pulling music-on-hold
from my sound card's line input.  It doesn't work, however.  MoH
starts and immediately stops.  Apparently, I'm not the only person
having this problem.  I'm thinking that maybe arecord(1) is not
sending the right kind of audio to Asterisk.  To test things, I took
my ast-playlinein script (mentioned in the wiki) and piped it to
aplay(1).  By doing this, I was able to hear the line input over my
speakers, so the sound card and ALSA *are* working properly.

Ideas, anyone?

thanks,

Chris