[asterisk-users] Zap channel faxing in or out fails but phone calls work.

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Wed Jul 19 09:11:05 MST 2006

I had similar problems with a Sangoma card in this configuration. I recently
recieved from Sangoma an updated driver that fixed issues with resyncing the
clock on the card. You might try getting a hold of Sangoma, David Yat Sin if
possible and ask him about it, it may very well be the same problew.

On 7/19/06, Gregory L Miller-Kramer <millerg at contexttech.com> wrote:

>  I have AAH2.8 on a dual Xeon system with a Sangoma A104 and an Adtran
> Channel Bank.
>
> The system has a single PRI connected to port 1 and port 2 has the T1
> cable connected to the Channel Bank. Both are configured properly and work
> for the inbound/outbound calls and soft-fax reception.
>
> I have fax machines connected to FXS ports on the channel bank. The idea
> here is to allow faxing out over the PRI from these FXS ports and for
> inbound DIDs to go to specific fax machines.
>
> I have Asterisk at Home 2.8 setup on this system and I am pretty certain I
> have it configured correctly.
> * Each fax machine has it's own Zap extension.
> * The DID routes to the correct fax machine (zap extension).
> * I can make and receive phone calls with these fax machines. Meaning, the
> fax machine has a phone hand set. I can call out with that handset and
> receive calls on that handset.
>
> Here's the problem. When I try send or receive faxes it fails telling me
> there was a com error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I am at a loss. I have followed the logs. The transmit and receive work.
> Once the connection is made it fails indicating "com error".
>
> Additionally, I hear the "whistle and chirp" of fax machines talking to
> each other. Combined with being able to make and receive calls over those
> fax machine hand sets I don't know what the problem is at this point.
>
> Please, if anyone has fax machines setup with a similar situation I would
> appreciate knowing how you have it setup.
>
> OS - CentOS 4.3
> zaptel - 1.2.5
> libpri - 1.2.3
> asterisk - 1.2.9.1
> freepbx - 2.0.1
>
> Thank you,
> Greg
>
> --
> dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Bruce
Nortex Networks