[asterisk-users] Choppy/Jittery playback at beginning of calls

Al Lougher alougher at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 08:37:27 MST 2006

Hi -

  I am using Asterisk Home 2.7 on a dedicated Linux server to make out going calls. For the most part everything works fine except that most of the voice calls on playback are jittery/choppy at the beginning of the call. After a couple of seconds of choppyness the rest of the message plays back fine. The voice files in question are recorded by the user (as a gsm file) by calling in to the asterisk box over a voicepulse connection. The voice file is then played back via dial plan to designated phone number. I have checked the recorded gsm file and it plays back fine so I know it's not in the recording of the file. I have also checked the format of the gsm file and it is indeed recorded as an 8kb gsm file. When monitoring the outgoing call on IAX2 I can see that it is using the gsm codec, and the iax2.conf file has disallow=all, codec=gsm so gsm should always be forced.

  I welcome any suggestions as I cannot go to production with this current problem.

  Thanks.
  Al.