[asterisk-users] Re: Don't Hit # after 9 to get PSTN line

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Jul 19 06:56:05 MST 2006

You must have other dialplan entries that start with 9.

How does asterisk know you are dialing "9" or one of your other dialplan entries that starts with "9"?
I has to wait for the digit timeout.

I am curious what this "9" is used to connect to? Are you trying to get dialtone from another PBX?

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

  "Pablo Mora" <pablo at espoltel.net> wrote in message news:000001c6ab37$0e70c3e0$c5954145 at yusuke...
  Hi all,

  Iv' got a problem taking lines to call from SIP to PSTN. I have to press # after 9 to get ringtone, otherwise I would have to wait above 15 seconds.

  [out]

  exten => 9,1,Dial,Zap/g1/9

  exten => 9,2,Hangup

  exten => 9,102,Congestion

  The problem occurs when the user doesn't complete the call, and hangup after pressing only 9.  If these events occur twice consecutively, Asterisk attempts to native bridge between 2 channels.

  I think the problem is that # is being used like a transfer trigger. But when I deactivate these feature, I have to wait 15 second after press 9 no get line.

  What can I do??  What should I do to get line without spend this time?

  Pablo