[Asterisk-Users] attended transfer issue

Mike Dawson mdawson at totton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 02:31:07 MST 2006

Thomas Artner wrote:

> A few months ago I needed some help for the following issue:
>
> .) a call comes in
> .) Person A takes the call and does an attended transfer to Person B
> .) Person A hangs up the phone without waiting for Person B taking the call
> .) the caller get lost at this point !!

I've just come across this issue too.  As the call gets hung up if the
transfer is attempted before answer I tried changing this:

exten => _90ZXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(zap/g1/${EXTEN},,TW)

to this:

exten => _90ZXXXXXXXXX,1,Answer
exten => _90ZXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(zap/g1/${EXTEN},,TW)

So the call is 'answered' in one sense before it starts ringing.  I've
only tested it on a zap channel so far but it seems to fix it.  Unless
this is how Answer() is supposed to be used, I'm not sure then it's a
bit of a dirty hack and I don't know what else it might break.

I'm not back in the office until next week so can't test my brainwave
out fully.

Mike