[asterisk-users] Keep Zap Channel from answering

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 23:21:46 MST 2006

Anyone know how to keep an Analog Zap channel from answering?

I know I can answer it and send it to voicemail or do any number of
other things with it once it's answered.

I want to keep Asterisk from answering it, completely ignoring it
while still having the line connected for outgoing purposes.

Reason is, I have  Vonage line I am going to be porting and for now it
works horribly for inbound calls hooked up from the Cisco 186 ->
Wildcard.

What I have done is setup an instant forward with Vonage to another
number with another provider. Problem is, Vonage still rings the ATA
once causing the call to be picked up by Asterisk instead of being
forwarded as intended. I know, I could just unplug the ATA but it's
bugging me and I would like to use it for outbound until I port the
number and close the account.

Looked around quite a bit but I can't find much on this topic.