[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.2.9.1 and spandsp and rxfax

Rob Ristroph rgr at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jul 18 11:30:09 MST 2006

DRi> try to remove manually all parts of old spandsp-installations below /usr/
DRi> and /usr/local/ and reinstall both spandsp & app_rtxfax
DRi> it's likely that you have some parts of the spandsp-0.0.3 left from prior
DRi> install which is incompatible to the 0.0.2-versions

That did not solve the problem, but thanks for the suggestion.  As far
as I can see, the make uninstall rule in the spandsp makefile
effectively removes the libraries and headers.

What did work was switching to asterisk 1.2.10.

I still have the usual flaky problems with VoIP fax transmission,
such as having it hang up sometimes, or not getting all the pages,
but I tweak various settings and work with that.

--Rob

--
http://rgr.freeshell.org/