[asterisk-users] Provider UNREACHABLE

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Tue Jul 18 04:13:59 MST 2006

Wilson Pickett wrote:
>> How do I program the dialplan in extensions.conf to:
>>
>> (a) try multiple provider to make an outgoing call  based on current
>> latency between my * box and the different providers ?

To do this, you need a seperate application that would run something
like fping on all your termination providers and would rate your
providers. The an AGI would read the table and choose the providers in
order of rating and route the call according. It would be relatively
trivial to construct, whether it would work well is another matter, as I
am sure we can have many discussions on what makes for the best route.
Another problem is that some providers will turn off the ability to ping
the server, Teliax did that recently and I have to make a change to my
monitoring setup.
My solution is to run smokeping to keep a watch on my routes, then rate
those manually in the dialplan by using CHanIsAvail like this:

exten => s,n,ChanIsAvail(IAX2/teliax&IAX2/nufone&IAX2/sellvoip)

This way, I choose the historically highest quality provider first but
roll over if they are down.

--
Chris Mason
(264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463