[asterisk-users] Provider UNREACHABLE

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 03:12:39 MST 2006

> How do I program the dialplan in extensions.conf to:
>
> (a) try multiple provider to make an outgoing call  based on current
> latency between my * box and the different providers ?
>
> (b) have if provider 1 goes down, then someone can still call me at
> number xxx-xxxx but now come in through provider 2 or provider 3 ?

For b) try using DIALSTATUS to determine where to go next. For a) I'm
not sure it's a good idea to route the call based on the latency of a
particular measurement so it would get complicated. Some of the
geniuses on this list may be able to set up an averaging ystem to
predict the reliability of a provider based on its response times
within the last hour or something. Even then, it can't really predict
the future. If computing could do that, we'd all be rich on the stock
market ;)