[asterisk-users] NuFone, please send the log file

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jul 17 10:11:45 MST 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 00:18, Michael Workman wrote:
> Well that Make me Note that I will never do Biz with you....
> That is if you "personally vouch for Greg"

I have personally done non-trivial work for Nufone on several occasions and
have always been paid promptly.  I personally vouch for them, both for Greg
Merriweather (possibly spelled wrong) and also for Jeremy McNamara.  In fact,
pretty much all of my non-Unlimitel LD goes through Nufone with nary a blip.
I have no problem giving them my money for services rendered, and they don't
seem to have trouble giving me money for the same.  I joke around with them
on IRC and MSN and at the end of the day everyone's happy.

I've done some (minor) work with you as well in the past, and with the dialup
provider you work with in southwestern Ontario (I helped start that
particular ISP, but am no longer affiliated with them).  Seriously, you are
looking like a complete fool here.  There are proper channels to go through
to get money refunded (Paypal has them), and there is always small claims
court.  Beyond that, you can always contact your local police department or
RCMP office in order to get fraud charges laid. Nufone's in Michigan, and
Greg in particular I believe is in Windsor.  You're in Ontario.  This isn't
rocket science, and these two countries work very well together, especially
if you can figure a way to work the word 'terrorist' into the problem.

I get quite fed up with people such as yourself and that other fellow who
recently decided he'd post once an hour to this list until he got what he
wanted.  You guys seem to think that we're poor defenseless list-lurkers and
that it is your duty to air your dirty laundry on public mailing lists as
some kind of public service announcement.

We don't need this kind of traffic, and we certainly do not need your sense of
self-importance.  I have watched your business grow over the past year or
two, and I congratulate you.  Obviously you have technical skill and SOMEONE
there has business savvy and customer relations know-how.  Based on the way
you post here, I do not believe that person is you, but that's beside the
point.  The point is that we have our own troubles that we are working on
solving, and if we are curious about a provider, we ask in -biz.  We do not
need these "HEAR YE HEAR YE I GOT IT UP THE ARSE FROM NUFONE, THEY WEREN'T
CONSIDERATE ENOUGH TO USE LUBE AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN CALL THE NEXT DAY" posts.

Please... If you don't like these guys then don't play with them.  My
6-year-old daughter knows this much.  If you think these guys screwed you
then go through the right channels to receive justice.  -users is not your
personal soapbox, and it's not ever the right channel.

-A.