[asterisk-users] Testing 911?

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Mon Jul 17 10:01:57 MST 2006

The place answering the calls is generally known as the PSAP ("public
safety answering point").  As others noted, test calls are fine as long
as you call the non-emergency number first to let them know you're about
to do it.  I'll admit I don't always call in advance though.  Anyway,
calling the fire department or police department may not get you in
contact with the right person.  Asking for the PSAP number should get
you to the right person.

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com