[asterisk-users] priority problem

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 02:07:14 MST 2006

On 7/17/06, unplug <maillisting at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to your setting, below is meaningless.  Am I right?
>
> [apps]
> include => emergency
> include => cfwd
> include => mailbox
>
> [emergency]
> exten => 911,1,do stuff here
>
> [cfwd]
> exten => *31,1, enable cfwd
> exten => *32,1, disable cfwd
> exten => 911,1, do stuff2 here
> exten => 911,1, do stuff3 here
>
> [mailbox]
> exten => *41,1, enable mailbox
> exten => *42,1, disable mailbox

Why would you want (or need) to do this? As you seem to realise
already, the "do stuff2/3 here" lines will do nothing. If you were
writing a shell-script, and put a comment at the start of a line it
would also do nothing - Should we change that too?

You seem to be un-necessarily trying to rewrite the structure provided
in the extensions.conf file. Is there something _functional_ that you
cannot do that you need to be able to do? Or is it just that you
cannot lay out the file in the specific order that you want to?

Perhaps if you gave a real-life example with details of what you are
trying to do, it might be easier to offer a solution that suits your
needs.

Regards,
Steve