[asterisk-users] Testing 911?

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Sun Jul 16 23:47:09 MST 2006

quiet, I hope the statue of limitations has passed!!!!

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of voiplist
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 2:05 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Testing 911?

It seems that 911 is important enough that when setting up an Asterisk
box, it should be tested.

How do you go about testing 911 dialing without getting fined for
calling for a non-emergency reason?

Is there some circumstances where you can ask permission from the city
ahead of time?

I realize this may be a real stupid question but I have not seen this
discussed and I am curious.