[asterisk-users] Regression testing dialplan changes

Rushowr rushowr at phreaker.net
Sun Jul 16 17:38:32 MST 2006

Y'know, I was thinking about a similar idea recently, primarily because I do
a lot of work with dialplan based apps. It would be great if there was a way
to set up a _complete_ call (meaning it would include what digits to enter
when, etc) in a test and then run it against the dialplan being worked on.

One thing that I have found is really helpful is coding your dialplans in
AEL2 and running the aelparse program with the -d option, which uses the CWD
as the base to read from. The parser tells you when something's not right
and tells you where it found the error. However this isn't helpful for
things that only take place during a call like database lookups and variable
values.

I'm interested to see the answers that come from your post, thanks for
putting it out there!

Sherwood McGowan
Consultant