[asterisk-users] Injecting prerecorded audio into active call

asterisk at nvworld.net asterisk at nvworld.net
Sun Jul 16 09:54:25 MST 2006

Wondering  if someone else has ever done anything like this, or has any ideas if it is in fact possible.

We currently record all our calls which are stored in gsm format. They are not recorded by asterisk, rather a 3rd party system, but we would be looking at using asterisk to implement this idea.

We would like to train staff in remote offices over the phone. And at times we would like to play back a recorded call to the remote staff member during the call. We would look to do this via a web interface. So while the call is active, the trainer could login to the webinterface, somehow select the active call to use, then pick a call from a list and play it on the active call.

Now I'm sure this is possible, but the question is how hard...

If anyone has any ideas on this  I would greatly appreciate it.

Nick