[Asterisk-Users] struggling with the "g" flag

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 14 17:21:13 MST 2006

----- Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> If I have in my dialplan
>
> [AgentQ]
> exten => _XX.,1,Dial(Sip/{$exten},120,g)
> exten => _XX.,2,NoOP(here we are)
>
> where [AgentQ] is called by the queue command to a member added by
>
> addqueuemember(Local/99 at AgentQ)
>
> why don't I get to the NoOp if the agent hangs up during the
> announcement message (to the agent) ?

Complicated answer, that one.

In this case, when the agent answers the call, app_dial invokes a copy of ast_bridge_call() to bridge the Local,2 channel with the SIP channel it created. It then sends 'answer' to the Local,1 channel, which causes app_queue to invoke a copy of ast_bridge_call() on the original channel and the Local,1 channel. This then causes chan_local to masquerate the SIP channel on top of the Local,1 channel, and the Local,2 channel is destroyed. When this occurs, the ast_bridge_call() that app_dial invoked is exited, but the channel no longer exists, so dialplan execution cannot continue.

If you want this to work, you'll have use the '/n' option for chan_local, as in:

AddQueueMember(Local/99 at AgentQ/n,...)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer