[asterisk-users] FW: Are FreePBX Extensions not being created inasterisk? & FOP question.

Steven asterisk at stedaniels.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 15:23:14 MST 2006

_______________________________________
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Alex Robar
Sent: 13 July 2006 21:37
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] FW: Are FreePBX Extensions not being created
inasterisk? & FOP question.

Check the actual extensions_additional.conf files. If they're in there, they
exist.

Did you hit the red "reload" bar at the top of the FreePBX page after
creating the extensions?

Alex

Hi Alex, that file doesn't exist on my system. Hmm that's most likely a
permissions problem then, since I'm still running httpd as apache user
rather than the suggested way of running it as the asterisk user.

I really would rather have httpd running as the apache user rather than the
asterisk user. Anyone got any creative suggestions on how to arrange the
users / groups permissions to allow that?

Otherwise I think I'll end up running a second httpd process on a different
port under as the asterisk user so I can access the correct files and so can
the asterisk process.

It's annoying that if this is the problem, that FreePBX never reported an
error to me that it couldn't write to the /etc/asterisk directory. Shame :-(

Thanks for your time and the pointer to the file, it's lack of existence has
helped me solve the problem, I hope..

Steve Daniels