[asterisk-users] Asterisk version: 1.2.9.1 or older?

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 01:18:26 MST 2006

Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2006, at 7:16 AM, Rich Adamson wrote:
>
>> Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I need to install Asterisk on a test machine that will soon become a
>>> production environment.
>>> Do you think that 1.2.9.1 is reliable? I read some posts that say it
>>> isn't as good as the previous versions. Should I install 1.2.8 or
>>> 1.2.7.1?
>>
>> I've had no issues at all with 1.2.9.1, however there have been
>> several patches applied to the svn which I don't believe are part of
>> the distro packages as yet. (My system is very basic with no need for
>> queues, etc.)
>>
> Same here, about three weeks of uptime on 1.2.9.1 with no issues, but
> a very simple setup. YMMV.

On 2 setups, 1 very simple, 1 with queues and a hardware timing source,
the latter crashed 3 times in the first week (stable since then), and
has been dropping calls. The former has been rock solid, and fine.

Looking at the bugtracker, there have been a lot of fixes since 1.2.9.1
was released, I wonder when 1.2.10 will be here (or 1.4.0b).