[asterisk-users] Hardware... dimensioning ??

Javier Schussel jschussel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 08:06:51 MST 2006

Hello,

Please people I need some advice on an specific hardware to use for
the software detailed below:

A) Description of the system
B) Used software
C) Dimension

A)
it is a Phone Chat Line, I mean, people call the chat, sign in and
record an presentation; then, they enter a "room" or presentation
conference, where they can hear others members presentations. Every
time they hear an presentation the system request one of the following

1) Send a message
2) Send a request for a private conversation
3) Advance to the next presentation
4) Repeat the presentation
5) Delete the member
6) Rewind the presentation

1) To send a message means to record an audio file,  so that t the
other members can listen to it.
2) The Meetme command is used to apply for this option.

The other items are to advance a  pointer in a MySQL database where
the info and state of the members and their presentations are saved.

B)
It uses a pair of AGIs for the interaction of MySQL and AstDB. I use
this database to keep control of the members and their own state. The
level of queries to both databases is pretty high,  Higher in AstDB,
where you can check the state of the member, if he has a private or
pending message, if he accept it or not.

C)
 The idea is to make a room:

At least 120 members, I mean, 4E1.
I recommend 240 members, I mean, 8E1.
At most 480 members, I mean, 16E1.

I need to know what kind of hardware (CPU, RAM; etc) shall I used for
the 3 different size of the rooms.

I've been running a beta version software in a testing equipment with
5 to 7  members, but I need to know the hardware for this application
with so many E1.

Thank you very much