[asterisk-users] Provider UNREACHABLE

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jul 11 10:51:50 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 09:08 -0700, Ira wrote:
> At 04:59 AM 7/11/2006, you wrote:
> >I am repeatedly getting a UNREACHABLE and then REACHABLE about 10 sec
> >apart most of the time and then sometimes for about 45 - 74 minutes
> >
> >I have tried a reload and sip reload  but neither bring the provider
> >back ?
>
> I see this with sipdiscount and it's brethren occasionally.  I'm
> guessing it has something to do with latency in the outside world,
> like why is the internet blazing fast one minute and painfully slow 5
> minutes later.  Here(Los Angeles) it tends to happen late at night,
> mostly when I'm asleep.

with sipdiscount its mostly due to the fact that their sip server doesnt
respond in the predefined time set by 'qualify' in the peer definition.
If you do like   qualify=2000 it will only display them if they cant
respond within 2 seconds.  Which at night in LA is daytime where they
are located (Europe) and they probably see a higher call volume and thus
their servers arent as speedy to respond.

Note this number isnt the network lag by itself, its also the time it
takes for them to respond to sip messages, as well as the network lag,
so it can be midleading to performance by itself.

These types of errors are generally harmless, if they bother you set the
qualify to a higher number or turn it off with qualify=no.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!