[asterisk-users] IPKALL direct to asterisk bypassing FWD

Nilesh Londhe lvnilesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 08:13:06 MST 2006

I found FWD to be unreliable so I was trying to get IPKALL direct to
asterisk. I finally got this working direct with asterisk after
several attempts. Below is my working configuration if anyone is
interested. My asterisk server is directly on the internet. It is also
running shorewall, NAT and a couple other services for me.

http://phone.ipkall.com/ipphone/login.asp
IPKall Phone Number:    425XXXYYYY
Password:  XXXX

Settings at www.ipkall.com

SIP Phone Number:  123
SIP Proxy:   myserver.myhome.com:5060 <--- this could a dyndns address as well
Email Address: email at address.com   <---Must be a valid email address
Password:  XXXX
Voice Mail on/off  Seconds to Voice Mail:

Settings for asterisk

[123]
type=peer
qualify=no
port=5060
nat=no
insecure=very            <<< this is very important
host=voiper.ipkall.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no