[asterisk-users] 2 NICs; Asterisk receives on eth1 and replieson eth0

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Jul 10 23:13:15 MST 2006

Yes, we tried to do the same thing. We wanted our Asterisk system to be multi-homed. Turned out to be a dissapointing limitation of Asterisk. It would have been nice to have, because then you could have multiple NIC's, have Asterisk listen on both, and if one failed, you had some degree of redundancy. But nope, no go.