[asterisk-users] intel vs amd motherboards

Fabio folist at trestech.com.ar
Mon Jul 10 21:14:15 MST 2006

looking on the code, I think that the time on the table is the time that
needed the CPU in order to translate 1 second of media.

So, on the case of calls with ulaw <-> alaw translation (1 ms in each
translation), this CPU could sustain, theoretically, 500 calls without delay
(two "simultaneous" translations, ulaw to alaw, and alaw to ulaw are needed,
to maintain the conversation full duplex).

please, somebody could confirm this ?.

fabio