[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk and NFS

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Mon Jul 10 04:22:59 MST 2006

My understanding is that asterisk will read the file before it is finished being written.

The proper method for NFS would be to write into another folder on the same file system, then have a script move the file to the
proper call file location.
The script would run every 5 seconds or so.
The script shouldn't have an issue with a half written file because the file move should fail if the file is still locked.

This works because moving a file on the same file system is immediate. (no bits copied, just a FS pointer change)

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org