[asterisk-users] Voicemails randomly not deleting in 1.2.9.1 ??

Anthony Davis adavis at practicepartner.com
Fri Jul 7 11:35:59 MST 2006

We updated our systems to 1.2.9.1 (from 1.2.4) about 3 weeks ago.

About every other day since then, a user will complain that they deleted
a voicemail, but that Asterisk continues to tell their phone that they
have new messages.

They also can no longer delete these messages.

A quick check on the server shows that the .WAV and .GSM files were
deleted, but that the msg000N.txt file remains.

Manually deleting the text file obviously resolves the issue.

I've been trying for weeks now to come up with a repeatable way to
invoke this behavior, but have failed utterly.

However, we have seen this behavior about a dozen times.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

If it makes any difference our phones are Polycom SoundPoint 501s

Thanks,

Anthony