[asterisk-users] Re: What's the story with X10*P FXO cards?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 9 22:17:51 MST 2006

The Masked Cucumber wrote:
> At 12:00 09/07/2006 -0700, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote:
>> Are some of the Ebay ad's misrepresented? Probably.
>
> Thanks a lot for the info on the history of the FXO cards. Obviously,
> the ones I bought aren't the good ones :-)
>
>> You're likely to become just about as frustrated with the fxo-sip
>> gateway boxes on the market.
>
> Mmm... So, what would you recommend? Getting an exensive FXO/SIP box, or
> a Digium card? The one with a single FXO port sells for about 150E over
> here.

As mentioned previously, recommending a specific device basically
assumes one understands exactly what type of pstn connection you've got,
how far you are from the central office, etc. Some folks have had good
luck with the spa3000 (and some not). The TDM400 card from digium works
pretty good, but can be less then acceptable in some cases. The Sangoma
A200D (with hardware EC) works very well on all pstn lines that I've
tested, but is rather expensive.