[asterisk-users] Global variables and AGI

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Sun Jul 9 14:07:26 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

I know that functions like set_variable and get_variable (using php with
phpagi) only apply to the channel variable. What I need to do is reset a
global variable I have in our system. I have a script that is going to
determine when this will happen, but I just have to make it happen.
Assuming that I cannot update the variable via the script, it is there a
way  I can make a call to the system, such as a call file, and place it
in the context of the dialplan that I need to change the variable? If
so, is there anything special I need in the call file for that to work?
Or is there a easier/better way to do this that I haven't thought of.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,
Kevin