[asterisk-users] Help with router setup on new asterisk box

Al Lougher alougher at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 19:04:41 MST 2006

Hi -

  I hope someone out there can help. I've just built a new asterisk server running asterisk at home 2.7. and I'm having real difficulty setting up my cable modem for the internet connection. I have 1xcable modem and 1xnetgear router and 1xPCI nic card. I simply set the netgear up as 192.168.0.1 (which is default anyway) and plug the cable from the modem into the internet/input port on the router. Then I connect any port on the router to the PCI card on the asterisk box. Next I run netconfig and set the gateway to 192.168.0.1. Reboot everything, but I cannot ping any internet site. I can though ping the router.

  Any ideas?

  Thanks
  Al.