[asterisk-users] Bug in chan_sip mysql support and canreinvite?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jul 6 00:13:07 MST 2006

5 jul 2006 kl. 13.46 skrev Roger Schreiter:

> Hi,
>
> I did not yet study the newest chan_sip.c versions, but
> it seems, that chan_sip treats mysql-peers different from
> other peers, concerning the variable canreinvite.
>
> If this variable is not explicitely set for a peer or user in
> sip.conf, the global value for canreinvite in sip.conf is
> taken for this peer or user.
>
> This seems to be different for users defined via mysql table
> sipfriends. For those users canreivite in generally "no".
>
> I just patched chan_sip.c (asterisk 1.0.10) to change this, and now
> reinvite works fine for me.
>
> Has anyone experiences with more recent asterisk versions (1.2.x)
> concerning reinvite for sipfriends users?

This was fixed early in Asterisk 1.2, but not in the old version.

> Hasn't sipfriends been replaced by anything newer in 1.2.x? Thus,
> I assume, there is no need to open a bug notice in mantis.
  For 1.0.10, it's no longer supported. We only fix severe security bugs
in it. So, no, no bug report. Upgrade to 1.2, which is the current
release
version of Asterisk.

Please check ARA - the realtime architecture. It's basically the same
architecture for
peers and users in a database, but with a bit more flexibility. You will
be happy upgrading to 1.2 and even more happy upgrading to the
future 1.4 :-)

/Olle

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net