[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium Hardware Reliability

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Tue Jul 4 12:02:01 MST 2006

Tigran Kocharyan wrote:
> Mike,
> If you feel afraid of the next power outage, why not install a more
> powerfull UPS with a longer run time? Or, as it is in my case, a friend
> of mine substituted the factory default battery in the UPS with a car
> battery, that holds the Server for 4-5 hours. Add another battery and it
> will hold 8-9 hours.
> Really funny but it works.
>
> Regards,
> Tigran

You know what Tigran, I have been considering exactly that.  The UPS
that I am using has two 12v batteries in it in series.  The batteries
don't seem to be holding a charge any longer (which was the start of my
woes). They are readily available in the US for about $15 each but seem
to be unavailable in Canada.  So my plan is to get another UPS for now
and work out a better battery solution for the first one as it is a nice
UPS with AVR and all that stuff.  Thanks for the confirmation that this
type of solution would work.

Mike