[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel 1.2.6 / Upgrade Problem

Jerry Brady jbrady at bluecircletech.com
Tue Jul 4 07:53:46 MST 2006

I just resolved the problem.

The older zaptel kernel modules (IIRC) were installed into the /misc/
subdirectory and the newer modules are installed into /extra/.  To
further complicate matters, I had entries in my /etc/modprobe.conf that
were still loading the previous kernel modules from the /misc/ directory
and apparently causing the problem.

To resolve, I removed all the previous forced module load commands from
/etc/modprobe.conf (removing all the zaptel related lines), cleared out
/lib/modules/<version>/misc, ran depmod -a, verified my
/etc/sysconfig/zaptel configuration file and rebooted.

VOILA!

Nothing wrong with 1.2.6, just make sure you really clean out all of any

- Jerry