[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel 1.2.6 / Upgrade Problem

Jerry Brady jbrady at bluecircletech.com
Tue Jul 4 07:06:27 MST 2006

I've encountered a strange problem in what I thought would be a
straightforward upgrade to Asterisk 1.2 and was hoping someone out here
may have run into something similar.

The system is Linux FC3 with a 2.6.9 kernel.  The problem is that the
new wctdm module will not load during modprobe.  Everything compiles and
builds just fine.  I have search the 'net and forums for typical
solutions and even tried to build from the latest source code, but the
results are still the same.

I ran "make linux26; make install; make install-udev; make config" and
verified that everything was okay, including the udev configuration.  I
rebooted, audited my configuration files (the server has a 4-port FXS
TDM400P card), but still no go.

modprobe zaptel <---- this works just fine

but when I try to load the module

modprobe wctdm

I get the following returned on the command line:

FATAL: Error inserting wctdm
(/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.667smp/extra/wctdm.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and the following in /var/log/messages:

kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_receive kernel: wctdm: disagrees about
version of symbol zt_qevent_lock
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_qevent_lock
kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_ec_chunk
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_ec_chunk
kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_transmit
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_transmit kernel: wctdm: disagrees about
version of symbol zt_unregister
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_unregister
kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_hooksig
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_hooksig
kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_register
kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_register

Is it possible there is something left over from the previous zaptel
installation that is causing this mismatch?  I'm not sure where to look
and any help would be appreciated.

I've already verified the CCITT module is present and tried everything
else I could dig up to resolve this.  If I can't I'll need to rollback
to a previous version of the zaptel drivers.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.