[Asterisk-Users] Dial Macro timeout fails

whois wes whoiswes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:17:06 MST 2006

glad to help...

i was actually writing a response about how i didn't know why yours
wasn't working when it hit me - in a macro, you can't have anything
other than the s extension defined.  in other words, you can't have
1,1 or 2,1 - any keypress breaks the macro.

in fact, that is EXACTLY why i developed the macro-announce the way i
did, because the macro application specifically forbids you from
entering input while in the macro, but the Read command is able to
work through that (i think it's buried somewhere on the wiki - i know
i used somebody else's template as a springboard - sorry i can't give
credit, if you're out there!).

in any case, that is why your original code didn't work.

also, FWIW, i have found myself using Read more and more - you can do
an entire multilevel IVR in ONE context this way, and it works great.

sorry to ramble, i get excited when i remember crap like this.

wes