[Asterisk-Users] Re: Web interface

Dustin Wildes asterisk-users at vecsector.com
Tue Jan 31 21:09:04 MST 2006

Steve Totaro wrote:

>I don't see how any of these are better than AMP or Asterisk at Home
><mailto:Asterisk at Home> .  What features do any of these have that A at H
><mailto:A at H>  doesn't?  The only problem with A at H <mailto:A at H>  is the
>name.  Asterisk at TheEnterprise <mailto:Asterisk at TheEnterprise>  may have
>been a better selection.
>
>Thanks,
>Steve Totaro

Well, with PhoneCALL - it's designed to be just a GUI for Asterisk, not
a self-contained installation of Asterisk.  This is most beneficial for
developers, integrators and engineers who want to build their own
servers/applications/services and have a versatile GUI to handle the
front-end.  This creates opportunity for the guys who want to build on
any platform that supports Apache/PHP(BSD, Mac, Windows, Linux), and
still have a way of professionally configuring their box.
For features:
Probably the biggest is PhoneCALL is Multi-Tenant capable and
multilingual capable.  It has the same 'modular' design as Asterisk
where you can create any number of scripts, IVR menus, phone templates,
realtime status monitoring for Calls and Queues, CDR reporting, and soon
billing - all builtin.  Since all these components are modular - it's a
snap to upload a new 'app_x.so' and create a script/macro for it, then
start using it.  And, we are adding a 'Asterisk at Home' installation
script for next release, in the event you do want to run PhoneCALL on A at H.

Hope that helps explain a little more.

Dustin