[Asterisk-Users] Re: How many TDM2400P's will a server take?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 31 15:39:44 MST 2006

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:
> Ah -- for all intents and purposes, assume I can obtain the most kickass PC
> server hardware in the known Universe. So -- any real-life experiences out
> there?

We successfully ran four fully-loaded TDM2400Ps in a server here during
development testing. The configuration was half FXS and half FXO on each
board.

I would not recommend running that much load in a single server of FXS,
because the power supply requirements are too great, but if at least
half is FXO then you should be fine. Four TDM2400Ps is the same amount
of Zaptel load as a single quad-port T1 card, so most servers should be
able to handle it.