[Asterisk-Users] RE: Euro-ISDN

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Tue Jan 31 10:31:16 MST 2006

asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:

>The active cards do the ISDN protocol stuff on board, so the host CPU/driver
>does not need to do that -> better performance, less interrupts.
>The AVM cards do not have such DSPs on board, so no echo-cancel.
>But the Eicon DIVA Server cards do. They do analog Fax/Modem, echo-cancel,
>DTMF-detection, voice codec, line interconnect/mixing even to other cards,
>... with the on boards DSP. chan_capi-cm is supporting most of the features
>and will do more soon.
>
>Armin

While we are at the subject another couple of simple related question.

Are HFC-S cards active? I got one for a very low price, so that I
imagine it will be NOT the case...

What cards do support operation of an ISDN phone set? (I imagine there
will be something similar to the FXS-FXO stuff of the analog world in
the ISDN land).

Thanks in advance
Aldo