[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream Budgetone mass deployment?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Jan 31 02:59:20 MST 2006

PB> Right now I'm still using their Java thing, but it's slow enough
PB> that one of these days I guess I'll crack and reimplement that
PB> stuff directly in python. I think the algorithm is described on
PB> the voip-info.org wiki someplace.

A trick about the java thing: It actually runs in gij. I modified the
invocation script to go like this

-- 8< --
#!/bin/bash

GAPSLITE_HOME=/usr/local/lib/grandstream-encode

# Do NOT modify below this line
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib:$GAPSLITE_HOME/lib/`uname -m`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

gij -classpath $GAPSLITE_HOME/gapslite.jar:$GAPSLITE_HOME/bcprov-jdk14-124.jar:$GAPSLITE_HOME com.grandstream.cmd.TextEncoder $*
-- 8< --

/usr/local/lib/grandstream-encode is a directory containing the
various jar files that Grandstream provides.

I have found that gij improves the speed enough to make it viable for
us. If you still find it too slow, the jar files can most likely be
compiled with gcj, thereby avoiding the slow startup.

/Benny