[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Budgetone mass deployment?

Dmitry Ivanov dimss at telecentrs.lv
Mon Jan 30 06:14:02 MST 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 13:03, Phil Blundell wrote:
> Personally I'd be a bit wary of mass Budgetone deployment for other
> reasons, but the remote configuration stuff shouldn't be a problem.

What reasons do you mean?

> Grandstream use basically the same configuration file system for the
> Budgetones as they do on the Handytones and the GXP-2000.  Obviously
> you need some way to make the files in the first place: when we
> deployed our GXP-2000s I ended up writing a little Python script to
> create the Grandstream config files (and the associated Asterisk
> config entries) from input data in a Gnumeric spreadsheet.

I have created dynamic "CGI-like" TFTP server so I will create config
files on-the-fly. Now we use this system (dynamic tftp server and Perl
"CGI" script) for country-wide Sipura 3000 configuration. BTW, if
anyone is interested I can send sources of this TFTP server.

--
"The PSTN will never be a slave to you. You must be a slave to it."