[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Budgetone mass deployment?

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Mon Jan 30 04:03:05 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 11:42 +0200, Dmitry Ivanov wrote:
> I am considering mass deployment of Budgetones 102. According to their
> website, remote provisioning (configuration via TFTP) is possible.
> Anyone has experience with this? Is this really working?

It does work, yes, though I think you need to configure the TFTP server
address manually on each phone.

Personally I'd be a bit wary of mass Budgetone deployment for other
reasons, but the remote configuration stuff shouldn't be a problem.
Grandstream use basically the same configuration file system for the
Budgetones as they do on the Handytones and the GXP-2000.  Obviously you
need some way to make the files in the first place: when we deployed our
GXP-2000s I ended up writing a little Python script to create the
Grandstream config files (and the associated Asterisk config entries)
from input data in a Gnumeric spreadsheet.

p.