[Asterisk-Users] Access Codes

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Sun Jan 29 23:28:40 MST 2006

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Dakota wrote:
>
>> I would like to setup Asterisk as follows:
>>
>> When users make inter-office calls they can dial the extensions,
>> however if they want to make an external call, that they enter a code
>> on their phone, before they external call can go through.
>>
>> We would like to give each user an access code, this way we can limit
>> certain employees from making certain calls to certain places.
>>
>> What's the best recommendation for this?
>

> Use astcc   (prepaid card system) with pin! You can give the rates all
> to free if you want. Give each one who is allowed a balance, if they
> do not have, they cannot call.
> You also would have a nice statistic for each call, ....
>

> bye
>
> Ronald Wiplinger

Nice one Ronald.
Keep in mind though that ASTCC has an issue with free calls. There's a
workaround in the wiki.
Not a show stopper though, even for what he wants.

Why not use  Authenticate()?
You can then set each person to be under a certain context based on
password or extension.
Under each person's context, include other contexts that allow/limit
their capability to call.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.