[Asterisk-Users] Re: Lockups since upgrade 1.2.3 - anyone else? Any ideas?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Jan 29 14:09:25 MST 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Warren Burstein wrote:

> I took a look at the asterisk-1.2.3 Makefile, seems to me that the
> WARNING is just a list of all the .so files found in the modules
> directory that aren't also found in a subdirectory, it isn't checking
> that they were built with the current version.  So it's going to
> complain about the modules that come from asterisk-addons every time
> "make install" is run in asterisk, no matter what.  Not a big problem
> once you learn to ignore the message, but people are probably going to
> keep asking what it means.

Actually in this case,  it means it!  I updated from 1.21 to current as
of yesterday,  and my * wouldn't start as it complained about the
modules it couldn't load.

I removed the following to get it starting up again:

app_enumlookup.so
app_groupcount.so
app_md5.so
app_txtcidname.so
func_cut.so

This seems to be ok,  but I wonder if I have broken anything with this
approach?  I didn't understand that removing all the modules and doing
a make install would replace the needed ones?  What about the g729
codecs aren't those stored here too?

Thanks,
Marty