[Asterisk-Users] Fail over to Pri on VoIP connection failure

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Fri Jan 27 14:24:42 MST 2006

OK - starting to make sense now

Qualify=yes for the peer in sip.conf

If you have qualify=yes I assume that triggers a sip query to get
channel capabilities from the peer? What is the qualify timeout? Can it
be manipulated?

If the goal was strictly to try one provider, and if the channel fails
qualify, then try the next, is the macro you posted needed?

Couldn't you just;

Exten => ####,1,Dial(SIP/{$exten at peer1}
Exten => ####,2,Dial(SIP/{$exten at peer2}
Exten => ####,3,Congestion(15)
Exnte => ####,4,Hangup