[Asterisk-Users] Fail over to Pri on VoIP connection failure

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 27 13:11:59 MST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 10:52, Cavanna, Richard wrote:
> I am trying to tweak my dial plan and I am running into a problem.
> Sometimes my VoIP out bound calls do not complete on overseas calls(busy
> or just a hang-up).  Is there a way in the dial plan to automatically
> dial out of my PRI when something like this happens.  Either by time
> limit by a failure event?

; call $ARG1 through nufone, failing over to the PRI.
[macro-nufone-dial]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}@nufone,,go)
exten => s,n,NoOp(NUFONE: HANGUPCAUSE is ${HANGUPCAUSE} and DIALSTATUS is
${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,n,Goto(dial-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => dial-CANCEL,1,Hangup
exten => dial-ANSWER,1,Hangup
exten => dial-NOANSWER,1,Hangup
exten => dial-BUSY,1,Busy
exten => dial-CONGESTION,1,Congestion
exten => dial-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Macro(pri-dial,${ARG1},${ARG2})

It really is as simple as that.  :-)

-A.