[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution? / alternatives

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Jan 26 08:54:42 MST 2006

I've seen this discussion before. The conclusion was, it is possible to
route TDMoE through a VPN tunnel depending on the tunnel setup you are using
(bridge + tunnel for example) however the latency would make it useless.
TDMoE is designed for the same network. Unfortuanely I can't find a link for
it, but I remember it distinctly.

Another, large issue, is that TDMoE uses T1 - style bandwidth constantly
whether it is in use or not. Even if it were possible to route it, and even
if the latency problem was solved, can you imagine your bandwidth surcharge
of ~1.5Mbps constant?

At the end of the day, emulating TDM through the use of IAX and a well
written dialplan is totally the way to go.