[Asterisk-Users] 802.1p

Mimmus dviggiani at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 27 10:33:15 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to configure some Quality Of Service among an Asterisk server
with RedHat3 and some IP phones on my LAN.
I read about 802.1p (level 2) QoS, using 3 bits of VLAN tag.

Two questions:
- do I need to use tagged links (trunks) end-to-end? In other words, do all
ports on all switches from phones to server need to be configured as
'tagged'?
- how can I configure ethernet card on the Red Hat server (Broadcom, tg3
driver) to support tagged traffic and to mark outgoing packets with priority
6?

Thanks in advance for any help
Mimmus