[Asterisk-Users] Max concurrent calls

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Jan 27 01:52:09 MST 2006

Andrew Nowrot a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>     Where are you pulling this number from? (other than the obvious
>     "traditional" 2^8)?
>

> That is not my imagination ;).
> Actually I talked with a guy who was one of the designers of Asterisk.
> He told me about this limitation but I don't know if he was talking
> about Zap channels only or in general. I will ask him asap.

It does sound like a typical case of urban legend, where "Zap is limited
to 256 channels" becomes "Asterisk is limited to 256 channels". Asterisk
!= Zap.

Speaking of Zap, what happened to Digiums' DS3 card? Did it got hit by
the 256 channel limit? :-)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom