[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Setup Question -- Please Help

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:58:12 MST 2006

I've had success using oh323 to create a trunk between a CCM3.2 and
asterisk.. I wouldn't put any analog devices in your asterisk box if
you already have CM.

You could also move completely to Asterisk and flash your 79xx's into
SIP mode and turn your Cisco boxes off.

BTW, you could also have asterisk just do something like:

exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@yourcallmanager)

So you don't have to do fancy 78 stuff to get an outside line. I'm
also playing around with something like:

exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/SomeUser)
exten => 1235,1,Dial(SIP/SomeOtherUser)
; we didn't find any users here .. let's try Cisco
exten => _XXXX,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@yourcallmanager)

On this Cisco side, when I move people to Asterisk, I'll just hard
code a dial plan to the h323 gate on my asterisk box. Then, I can
flash hardphone users one at a time and get them using asterisk as
their call server at my leisure (or not move people at all).

It's mostly working now, I'm just having problems with including
contexts and precedence -- I haven't quite figured it all out yet. I
hope that's a source of inspiration :)