[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Setup Question -- Please Help

Goran Donev gorand at dvvti.com
Thu Jan 26 00:16:29 MST 2006

I have a question on Asterisk and whether it will work with the following
design.

Install ASTERISK on the external side of the Network. Purchase an AudioCodes
4/8 port Analog Fx0 gateway. So far everything seems straight forward. Here
is the twist.

The company currently has Cisco Call Manager 3.3 which does not support SIP
Trunking. But it does have a VG248. I would like to place 4 lines through
the Cisco Call Manager.

I want to set up a dial plan where 7 would grab the fx0 line for internal
and the users would be able to place internal calls through the Cisco Call
Manager. I envision people dialing 7xxxx (4 digit extension.) This would
call internally.

I then envision setting up a calling plan where 7 would grab the trunk and 8
would grab an outside line from the Cisco Call Manager and then dial the 10
digit telephone number.

78xxxxxxxxxx. This would allow them to place external calls through the call
manager. Is this something that would be feasible?
Since the company is not looking to invest a lot in upgrading the Cisco yet
they want to allow external sales reps to work from home.

Would there be a way through Asterisk where I can then program the FX0
extension coming in from the Cisco Call Manager to ring into the Audiocodes
and be dialed directly to an extension in the Asterisk server?

Example ----- 1300-------200 on the Asterisk.
This would allow people calling the company to directly dial their sales
people and be forwarded to the extension attached to the audiocodes.
If this is feasible please let me know as I would like to propose this
solution to the company.

Thanks.