[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution?

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Thu Jan 26 10:14:23 MST 2006

Damon Estep wrote:
> Thanks Matt,
>
> PRI signalling means that calls and answered and dialed (aka signalled) by asterisk, the goal is to maintain the signalling between the two nortel boxes.
>
> I have gathered that raw point to point circuit emulation is not possible on asterisk...

To connect the channels of the T1 straight through would be by using a
Digital Access Cross Connect system (DACS in proprietary AT&T lingo). I
believe there is this capability in zaptel, though this does not seem
like the best option. As mentioned before, the ISDN PRI signaling seems
like a much better solution.