[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution?

Patrick Conroy patrick.j.conroy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 07:22:02 MST 2006

Damon,

Unless I misunderstand what you are looking for, a P2P T1 would be handled
by the kernel, not by asterisk.  If you want to use digium cards, you would
still need zaptel, or you could  use a sangoma card on each end and their
wanrouter drivers. Asterisk would obviously be involved in the SIP or IAX
connection to pass calls, but not with the P2P T1.  This page may help:

http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Data+Configuration

This is based on a T1 using Cisco HDLC, but I have done the same thing with
PPP.

Hope that helps,
Patrick